20 Feb Digital Vidya Interviewed Our Co-Founder On Digital Marketing
Digital Vidya recently interviewed our co-founder Mandar Marathe as a part of their Digital Marketing Thought Leadership series. The interview started with questions that revolved around Digital Marketing as a career choice to advice for budding digital marketers. You can read the excerpt of the interview below.
Interview with Digital Vidya
- Both conventional & digital marketing channels have their pros & cons. What works in favor of conventional marketing is that it’s been there since some time now. Internet penetration in India is at 19% (according to TRAI) – which makes it difficult for brands to leverage digital channels to reach rural markets.
- 3 favorite Digital Marketing case studies : Burger King Subservient Chicken – launched by Crispin Porter + Bogusky agency for Burger King as an experimental marketing initiative under the VP of Strategy & Innovation at BK – Russ Klein; Ice Bucket Challenge – The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was a global phenomenon. It shows us how chain marketing can be applied to digital channels; Red Bull’s Felix Baumgartner Stratosphere Jump – Red Bull pulled off a gutsy heist by live broadcasting Felix Baumgartner’s space jump on YouTube
- Top 3 mistakes in leveraging digital marketing: Lack of planning – Most organizations do not have a well-planned marketing calendar backed by clearly enunciated goals; Conventional marketing mindset – Most digital marketing campaigns are either an extension of conventional marketing campaigns or an amplification of those; not relying on data – Most CMOs or top-level marketing executives still go by their gut.
- 3 Favorite Digital Marketing Tools: Google Analytics, HubSpot, SEMRush.com
- Top 3 skills for hiring a digital marketing candidate: Should be a millennial, self-learner, hardworking
- 3 People you respect when it comes to digital marketing: Set Godin, Dharmesh Shah, Avinash Kaushik
You can read the interview on digitalvidya.com
About Digital Vidya
Digital Vidya is Asia’s leading Digital Marketing training company and the first to launch Social Media Marketing Workshop Series in India. They also offer customized Digital Marketing & Analytics Training Programs for corporations to scale up their businesses. Digital Vidya are Google & Microsoft India’s official training partner to train their agencies & partners respectively.
Mandar Marathe is a Lead SEO Trainer at Digital Vidya and has led 10+ corporate digital marketing training workshops along with 25+ Online SEO Batches.