28 Aug YouTube SEO : The Complete Guide
Today almost everyone is familiar with youtube videos. YouTube has created a craze in professionals as well as non-professionals to promote everything on YouTube. But, promoting our products or thoughts through youtube in order to reach to most people requires proper youtube optimization. If you are struggling and don’t understanding how to optimized your youtube videos then refer this article. It may help you.
What is YouTube?
YouTube is an American video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California. The service was created by three former PayPal employees – Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim – in February 2005. Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion; YouTube now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries.
YouTube allows users to upload, view, rate, share, add to favorites, report, comment on videos, and subscribe to other users.
Different Video Platforms :
Today there are so many video platforms are available. But, only few of them are highly preferred by the people. The video platforms which are used prefarably to publish videos are :
4. Soundcloud and
How to upload video on YouTube?
1. Sign into your YouTube account.
2. Click on Upload at the top of the page.
3. Before you start uploading the video you can chose the video privacy settings.
4. Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer. You can also create a video slideshow or import a video from Google Photos.
5. As the video is uploading you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video, and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you uncheck this option no communication will be shared with your subscribers). Partners will also be able to adjust their Monetization settings.
6. Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
7. If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
Once the upload is completed YouTube will send you an email to notify you that your video is done uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to friends or family for easy sharing. If you prefer not to receive notification, you can opt out by visiting your email settings
[Source: YouTube Help]
YouTube Optimization Steps :
YouTube Optimization is the interesting process to make your video search engine as well as user friendly. It includes following things :
Title Optimization :
1. Title optimization is the first and important step to optimize your youtube video. As it concerns that your video title should be appropriate and describing. Title should consist of your website page keyword. Also, your brand name must be present in the title. Otherwise it will not be viewed as anonymous video.
2. For Eg. If video related to wedding venue in Delhi has to be title and we give title like “wedding venue delhi” then it will not help to optimized your video title. Because this title is not describing the user in depth and it will raise certain questions in viewers mind like what is this video?, is this video by any brand or it is random video?, which wedding venues it is showing? And many other.
3. The correct title for this video will be as follows :
More examples are as follows for your better understanding :-
4. As we have seen the examples of correct title in above screenshot. So, always keep in mind that your primary focus should be on accurate and understandable title creation. Because correct title plays huge role in increasing your viewers and subscribers.
5. As, Everybody likes attractive, trending and not to forget grammatically correct title only.
Optimization of Description :
1. Video description is nothing but the valid space given in your youtube’s necessary rquirements to promote your video with crunchy and impressive information.
2. While writing the video description one important thing as mentioned in title is that you should take care that description should be grammatically correct. Because, grammatical mistakes irritates viewer to read the description and it creates a bad impression.
3. Second thing to be followed is description should have a clear flow of thoughts. When viewers will read the description they should understand your thought and get satisfied in order to subscribe to your video or to contact you.
4. Also, your description should be divided in 3-4 points and not just one long passage. The points which need to be cover includes :
II. Other products/ pages listing
III. Social media links and
IV. Disclaimer (Optional)
5. Last but not the list, video description should not be more than 2-3 paragraphs.
6. For reference see below screenshots :
Addition of Correct Keywords / Tags :
1. Keywords/ Tags are the words which help search engine to undersatand when to show your video to youtube viewers.
2. Keywords/ Tags are most important for ranking your video higher on Search Engine Results Page.
3. Keywords can be either short or long tail. You can use both keywords to rank your video higher as well as to increase your search volume.
4. Also, keywords mainly should be,
- Generic – which identifies what the video is of at its most primary and objective level.
For Eg. Here video is related to delhi wedding venues so, keywords can be wedding venues, weddingz, indian weddings, wedding, wedding lawns, banquet halls, etc.
- Specific – which identifies what video is of, its Familiarity or knowledge pre-requisite.
For Eg. wedding venues delhi, delhi, wedding lawns in delhi, wedding venues in delhi, etc.
End Screens Creation :
1. YouTube End Screens are used to promote offers / discount schemes or to redirect to other video / website page of video.
End screens at the end of a video are mostly used to:
- Point viewers to other videos, playlists, or channels on YouTube
- Call for subscriptions to your channel
- Promote your website, merchandise, and crowdfunding campaigns
2. Steps to add EndScreens :
I. Login to YouTube Account
II. Open Video and click on Info & Settings
III. Click on End Screen & Annotations
IV. Click on Add Element
V. Now you will see 4 options :
- Video or Playlist (To promote a video or playlist)
- Subscribe (Promote Subscriptions to your channel)
- Channel (To Promote another channel)
- Link (Link to an approved website)
VI. Click on Create button to the right of lable and fill required details and publish End Screen at the end of your video.
Display YouTube Cards (vCards) :
1. YouTube Cards are used to make video more interactive.
2. Cards are used to point viewers to specific URL (from a list of eligible sites) and can show cusomized images, titles, or calls to action depending on the card type.
3. See below screenshot to undersatand cards exactly :
Screenshot 1 : Shows you the primary look of card named Book Wedding Venues at top right corner.
One more example for the better understanding :-
Screenshot 2 : Shows you secondary look of card at right hand side of screenshot. As, mentioned in the 2nd point here you can see the customized image, title and link to site.
One more example for the better understanding :-
So, through this article we had tried to cover almost every small thing such as Title optimization, description optimization, correct tags, End Screens and Cards which requires to optimize youtube video in depth.
Please let me know if this article was helpful.