Augmented Reality Marketing Examples – S1E49
Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, has said that AR will one day be as important in our everyday lives as “eating three meals a day.”
Augmented Reality (AR) is emerging as one of the key drivers of the tech economy. By some estimates, the total value of the AR market is expected to reach $100 billion by 2020.
As The Drum reports, AR can capture people’s attention for over 85 seconds, increase interaction rates by 20 percent, and improve click-through rates to purchase by 33 percent. we’ll look at some use cases of AR in innovative and inspiring ways.
These examples should be all the inspiration you need to brainstorm and execute a long-term AR marketing strategy:
1. Medical Training: From operating MRI equipment to performing complex surgeries
2. Retail: Harley Davidson has done it in their showrooms. Tata Motors & Maruti use 3D to provide a virtual experience and are planning to implement customization solutions via AR.
3. Repair & Maintenance: repair and maintenance of complex equipment. Whether it’s a car motor or an MRI machine, repair and maintenance staff are beginning to use AR headsets and glasses while they perform their jobs to provide them with useful information on the spot, suggest potential fixes, and point out potential trouble areas.
4. Design & Modeling: Colour with Asian Paints apps lets you see how a painted wall looks like. You can also visualize furniture with AR Apps and see how they fit into your space.
5. Tourism: AR application in tourism lets you visit tourist destinations and experience locations
6. Education: The Aurasma app is already being used in classrooms so that students can view their classes via a smartphone or tablet for a more rich learning environment.
7. Entertainment & Movies: the makers of AR sensation Pokemon Go are soon planning to release a Harry Potter-themed AR game that fans can interact with day in and day out. Facebook Spark AR platform is used by Bollywood movies – Sanju Face Filter was launched with #LookLikeSanju campaign. 2.0Filter and Gold, Akshay Kumar’s movies had AR filters.