Interview with Shane Barker – S1E81
From working with celebrities on digital reputation management to obtaining a #1 national ranking with PROskore as a social media consultant, Shane has built an impressive list of accomplishments as a digital marketing consultant.
He is a regular contributor to publications like Salesforce, Yahoo Small Business, Marketing Profs and others.
Shane runs a very popular marketing podcast that goes by the name “Marketing Madness Podcast” – iTunes just recognized our podcast as “New & Noteworthy”.
Here is what we covered on the episode:
- How did Shane get started with digital marketing
- The toughest part about Consulting
- Influencer marketing – Is it authentic? How can a brand find the right influencers?
- Content outreach is a tough job. It is difficult to get others to talk / write about you / your clients. What’s Shane’s approach to content outreach
- Personal branding – How important is it to build a personal brand in the services space.
- How does Shane plan his day. What’s the regime he follows that helps him stay on top of his game
- Book recommendations for startup founders and business owners
- Who does Shane follow online and learn from
- Advice to small business owners on leveraging digital marketing