On-Page SEO Techniques to Rank Higher in SERPs
On-page optimization refers to all measures that can be taken directly within the website in order to improve its position in the search engine result page. It’s a process in which various components of a single web page for a given keywords starts getting noticed by the search engines. On page optimization is an important component of SEO. Without it, it’s difficult for your website to get noticed.
Here will discuss some essential on-page optimization techniques that need to be done to rank better on SERPs.
1. Content of the page: The content on your site should be organized in a logical way. This is not only good for SEO, it also helps visitors on your site find other related content easily. The content written for your website should be unique and relevant. Search Engines look for this only.
It is rightly said as the ranking of the website is dependent on the content of the webpage. The content should be engaging enough that it attracts the users. In fact, Search Engines penalize the websites which are not updated regularly with the current information.
2. Page Titles : A title tag is an HTML element that specifies the title of a web page. Page title or title tag, is the main text that describes a web page. It is one of the most important SEO factors on your site. Each pages & posts should have its own unique title, which includes the main keywords for that page.
Title tags are displayed on search engine results pages as a clickable headline. The title should be accurate and should give a brief of the page’s content. It should not exceed 65-70 characters. There’s no exact character limit, because characters can vary in width and Google’s display titles max out at 600 pixels.
3. Meta Description : Meta description is a 160 character snippet in HTML. Many people forget to include meta descriptions for their pages. Search engines sometimes use these snippets in search results to let visitors know what a page is about before they click on it.
Meta description won’t necessarily improve your ranking on the SERP, but it is something you should definitely use before publishing an article as it can help increase your chances of a searcher clicking on your result.
4. Heading Tags (H1 Tags) : When writing your articles, you should break up your content into smaller sections and paragraphs to make it easier for people to read. These sections can be given heading, which is where H1, H2,H3, H4, etc. tags are used.
It is preferable that you use high search volume keywords to describe the page title using H1 tags. Sub-headers can be defined using H2, H3 and H4 tags, however, H4 tags are rarely used in practice.
5. Image Alt Tag : People forget to include the alt tag when they upload images to their content, but this is definitely something you shouldn’t overlook because Google cannot see your images, but can read the alt text.
Optimizing your images with alt tags does not provide you with a lot of different benefits, but the main benefit of increased search traffic is huge. Image Search is huge these days and you should be taking advantage of it for your website.
6. URL Structure : Shorter URLs seem to perform better in search engine results, however that is not the only factor. URLs that include targeted keywords perform better in SERPs. The location of these keywords in the url also plays a major role. Using search engine friendly urls for each of your pages is highly recommendable.
7. Internal-linking: An internal link connects one page of a website to a different page on the same website. In an internal link, the source domain and target domain are the same.
Internal linking make it easier for your visitors to navigate around your site and find all of your content, but it also ensures that your site gets properly crawled allowing the search engines to find all of your pages. It also helps to build the relevancy of a page to relevant keywords and phrases, helping to increase the Google PageRank of your pages.
8. Keyword Density: Keyword density tells you how often a search term appears in a text in relation to the total number of words it contains. Many people use different formulas to calculate keyword density.
Ideally the keyword density for your post has to be between 0.5 and 2.5%. Here is a tool where you can calculate your keyword density or count: https://smallseo.tools/keyword-density-checker
Conclusion: Read our blog to optimize your on-page content or page for better ranking in search engine result page. Grab our free SEO Checklist to get complete analysis of your on-page optimization activities.
Please leave your comments below.