S1E43 – Top 5 Digital Marketing Tactics for Educational Institutes
Educational Institutes that are offering courses at physical locations are turning to Digital marketing to promote their services. i.e. you want to target a student audience in and around at catchment area / your physical location.
Here are the Top 5 Digital Marketing Strategies for Educational Institutes
1. Local SEO: Make sure that you rock your Google My Business Listing. Most of your potential customers are going to search for your institute using locality names in their search queries. For e.g. Engineering Classes in Mumbai, Chineese Tutor in Chicago etc. For such local queries, Google Search Results are dominated by the 3-pack Google Maps Listing. To show up in Google Maps, you need to have a Google My Business Account. Here are some tips to optimize your Google My Business account. Apart from listing on GMB, Bing Places and other maps sites, you can also list your educational institute on local listing sites such as Sulekha.com, JustDial.com and other aggregators such as Shiksha.com (for India).
2. Google Ads: You should definitely advertise on Google Ads. To get the most our of Google Ads, use local keywords, call-only ads (as patients tend to call in rather than fill out an online form), Call & Location extensions. Create course specific landing pages with your contact information. If you have multiple service locations, list all your addresses & contact information on the landing pages.
3. Instagram Ads: Students spend a lot of time on consuming video + visual content on Instagram. 35% of Instagrammers are 15-24 year old. For an educational institute to stand out on Instagram, you need to use thumb-stopping creative and precise targeting. You should ideally remarket to website visitors and use video in your Ads.
4. Social Media Marketing: Although most social media platforms have become pay to play, since students are spending time on social media, the focus for an educational institute should be to create informative content and share it regularly. Use social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for brand building
5. Reviews: Online reviews make or break your business. And it remains true for educational institutes. Parents & students will look at online reviews of your business. You should monitor reviews on your Google My Business listing and respond to all reviews. Other websites that you should monitor include mouthshut.com, glassdoor.com, shiksha.com, collegedunia.com